- Shiva Swarodhaya
- Swara Cycle
- Swara Change
- Birth Swara Cycle
- Swara Panchang
- Daily Swar Sadhana
- Calender Converter
- Morning Sadhana
- Swara Yoga Books
- Sunrise Calculator
- Swamiji speaks
- About Us
Tell a Friend
There are some important applications of swara yoga, which can be used in daily life to save the vital force and to avoid negative influences in daily life. These are: 1. When you get up early in the morning, check your nostrils for the flow of breath. Then touch that side of your face with the hand corresponding to which nostril is active.
For example, if the right nostril flow is stronger, then touch the right side of the face with your right palm. Keep your eyes closed, if the right nostril is active at that time, then face north or east. If the left nostril is active, then face south or west. Then in the right nostril visualise sun, and feel that ray which is coming from the sun is entering through your heart. Feel the presence of cosmic energy. If the active nostril is left, then visualise same process in the full moon and that moonlight is coming and entering in your heart. Then keep your both palms together in awahani mudra and open your eyes and look first at the root of the index finger of the side which corresponds to the active nostril. Then, visualize the different deities and their powers resting in your palms, and imagine that their cosmic energies are coming into you and making your internal energies positive and favourable.
Repeate the mantra
Karagre vasate lakshmi, karamadhye saraswati,
Karamooletu govindam, prabhate karadarshanam
Before putting the feet on the ground: chant this mantra
Samudra vasane devi, parvatashtal mandale
Vishnu patni namastubhyam, padasparsham kshamasvame
visualize three eyes devi as mother earth in yellow clothes or yellow squire Put that foot on the ground first, which corresponds to the nostril which is flowing - if right then right foot first.
- Go to the toilet when right nostril is flowing and urinate when the left nostril is flowing.
- Eat meals when right nostril is flowing and drink water when the left is flowing.
- Go to bed at night when right nostril is flowing and rise when the left is flowing.
- When you leave home, step out with the foot corresponding to the nostril in which the breath is flowing.
- Start a long journey when left nostril is flowing and enter other houses when the right is flowing.
- During the day, left nostril dominance is auspicious and at night right nostril flow is favourable for good health and longevity.
- Public speaking, studying and learning are favourable when the right nostril flows.
- Meditation, mantra chanting, starting any auspicious work such as construction, entering a new house, opening a new business etc. are favourable in left nostril dominance. Avoid all external material work in shusumna. (Both nostril dominance) all work done in shusumna becomes fruitless.